Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh the places we've been!

Hi family and friends! Sorry about the picture strike. I just can't seem to find the time to sit down and blog anymore! Eden is done with naps, therefore no 'me time' in the day, and unfortunately Ronin still needs me in the night, so no 'me time' in the night either. It's a good thing I'm so crazy about them, otherwise I'd be complaining. Life is good, busy, but good! I was going to post more pictures (believe it or not- even though it's 1:27 am) but the blog is telling me there's an error with the autosave- so I'm not going to risk it by trying to add more.
We had a fantastic Christmas break staying in Portland, doing whatever we wanted. So here is some of what we've been up to. Where to start...

The basketball game. Our sweet friends Mike and Amber invited us to his staff Christmas party and even let us bring these two along. We had the best time! Great people, yummy food, oh, and did I mention the box seats! I don't know if I can ever go back to regular seats again! Eden loved being able to run around- and she was so cute cheering for the Trailblazers!

Next stop: The Stepping Stone Cafe. We discovered this little jewel on the tv show Man vs Food. Why would we wait outside in the rain just to eat at this place...? One word...
MANCAKES! A pancake fitting of its title. It was huge, and so delicious!
Here we are at Peacock Lane. It's a street where everyone puts up tons of Christmas decorations. I know from this picture it doesn't look that busy, but it was CRAZY. People everywhere, and police, and strollers, and 'For Sale' signs.

Going to OMSI to meet Samson the dino.
Ronin's expression after seeing Samson
Just me and my boy
Here we are at Zoo lights. There were over 1 million lights! It was awesome! Here's the classic 'take it yourself photo'. Ronin came too- he was sleeping.
Bundled all up in the chariot.
Oh, Dustin! He's so funny!
Choo choo!

We had snow! Just for a few hours. Eden and Dustin had fun building snowmen together. She was so excited, but sad that they melted a few days later.
Cutie monkeys in matching monkey jammies.
My big little man! Isn't he so sweet?!
Just a cute picture of Dus and Eden.
And here's our favorite (and only, but still favorite) visitors.! We had a great time seeing Aunt Jess and Uncle Griff, even if it was only for a few hours.

Finally, we've reached the end! Here's the most recent picture of the kids. They are so fun!

9 comments:

  1. awww - such a fun christmas! makes me wanna stay here next year :) love all the cute pics of your cute kids and the fun of portland christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas, even if you did only have one set of visitors! Those can't be your kids, they are getting way to big, way to fast!!! We need to get together soon, love the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronin and Eden are so freaking cute! Glad you had a fun Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those really my niece and nephew? I wouldn't pick out Ronin in a police lineup (well, maybe if he were the only baby)- when did he get so old and big. I love eden's braid-piggy tales. I want to see you all and have a big tickle fight and then bake something! I may just call you right now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love the "oreo crumb" snowman...ronin in his dress up clothes...and i wish i could pull off polka dots like Smiley!!thanks for the pics. You've made my day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez you guys do alot! I want mancakes...mmmmm my belly can handle mancakes. Welcome back! I can't believe we have never eaten there for how long I have lived here and worked downtown for 7+ years. Hopefully next Christmas you guys stick around too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rip City looks great. One day we'll have to come for a visit...only if mancakes are on the menu. Also when is Ronin going to get some love on the blog name?

    ReplyDelete
  8. KINS! The blogging world has missed you!! It looks like you had a great holiday here. We need to come play with you and Dustin cause you seem to know all the cool places to go! Plus I have not forgotten your offer to come over and play on my day off...I will as soon as I have a day off. Haha...I should call because I have Wednesday off next week and we can have a play date. I am so bored with just working and sleeping. I need some excitement in my life even if it includes a two year old!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for all of the great pictures! I cant believe how big/old Ronin looks! Are you guys stopping in Calgary in March? If so we would love to see you & finally meet your big little man. Love the kids monkey PJ's Bobby has the same ones!

    ReplyDelete